I have listed some books, websites and information I have found useful.
- Hypnobirthing by Marie Morgan
Personally I preferred this to the Katherine Graves book, although that also has excellent reviews. This just seemed to fit better with the course I did.
- Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- The Food of Love by Kate Evans
- Found this really useful.
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
- The Baby Book by William and Martha Sears
- Baby Calm by Sarah Ockwell-Smith
- The Continuum Concept by Jean Leidloff
This is a classic text, although I found it difficult to follow all the advice. Looks at another way of living/Parenting.
- Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gross-Loh
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Jon and Mayla Kabat-Zinn
- Facebook – Affordable Baby Slings for Sale or Swap
This page has some good information on why slings are good for the developing baby, and which positions are best. I am also a fan of the Boba, and have a Boba4G.
Good UK website to buy nappies, and get advice.
Nutrition for Fertility Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, and Babies
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sally Erlich
- Dietary guidelines – http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/abcs-of-nutrition/dietary-guidelines/
- The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care by Sally Fallon
- Super Nutrition for Babies by Katherine Erlich
- Recipe information – http://nurturingkitchen.co.uk
- The Health Delusion by Glen Matten and Aiden Goggins
- Sweet Poison by David Gillespie
- The Sweet Poison Quit Plan by David Gillespie
- I Quit Sugar for Life by Sarah Wilson
- Do Sourdough: Slow Bread for Busy Lives by Andrew Whitley
Strength for Women
- Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Vaccines a Parents Guide by Dr Richard Halvorsen
Ethical Party Supplies